11 月24 日 我们过大礼了!

After almost 2 years of preparations, on 24 November 2013, 我们过大礼了!Slept very late the previous night as I was busy wrapping and sticking stickers on my 过大礼 barangs. Didnt buy in set from those wedding shops due to several reasons
1) They mark up the prices by alot
2) many of the things in the set are useless mainly for symbolic reasons, so i decided to get the miniature size and instead of getting the usual slippers and pyjamas, I get to choose the ones that I like and will wear

And so since Im so particular about each and everything, i need to go ala carte.


From the photo, you will be able to see that even my wedding lamp is different from the usual red XI lamps. We thought that we wanted something which we would use in our new home next time instead of just getting it for the wedding and leave it to collect dust after that. So something practical for us. 
and I mentioned about something miniature? 



Here is my miniature dowry set, since I didnt want to get the life sized one which not only just occupies space which is limited for us after the wedding (flat not ready) but they are just things which I wont want to use on my children next time. 
Let me find more pics of the things I have for GDL and you will be surprise at the things I have bought for GDL

Mum complained about my looks when I mentioned that Mr Cheong was thinking of wearing long sleeves shirt and pants to  our place on GDL and I said that he was too Kua zhang. Mum said that since I'm born in the same year as Mr Cheong and that I am 11 mths older than him, I need to take more care of my looks saying that women grew old faster than men...saying that her friends have been saying that Mr Cheong looks good but no one said that I'm pretty.... Etc etc. 
Ok so I decided to dress up a little. I put on the white lacy dress which is a fusion of oriental and western feel - that's how I feel about the dress. I got this dress free from a friend who bought it but it didn't fit her. 

Me Cheong was already here by the time I'm done with my dress up. 





There should be more things but some of the things like bolsters, pillows etc, we got the vendor to send direct to Mr Cheong's place together with our mattress on our An Chuang Day

While waiting for the guests to arrive. I took pics with the cutie pies of my house. @chongxiaobit and @chongxiaopei




There are cute aren't they? And how can I not have Any selfie with the man who will be the most important person in my future? 



My GDL cakes are here. After researching we short listed 3 popular vendors among couples 1) pine garden 2) swee Heng 3) sweetest moments But after going around doing some food tasting, we decided on cakes from sweetest moments. 




Now a photo of the GDL stuff with the cakes

The caterer was here earlier than they were supposed to. My mum has decided on Liang food caterer since the price was quite reasonable. My sisters were dedicated the job of sourcing for the caterer since I have been super busy and my mum was the one who wanted to get  our relatives here instead of us going out to deliver the cakes. 



Since my place is too small, we got the caterer to set up the buffet outside. 





Not forgetting a photo with my BFF who is my god brother. He is also Mr Cheong's helper of the day as well as the 'manager' of our wedding banquet Mr Jefferson Liew

There were a total of 10 dishes. 



















I've received good reviews for the food from my relatives who were here. Personally I didn't quite like the vegetables which I find was too oily and the chicken wings which has too much flour. Apart from these 2, the other dishes were nice and we would definitely order from them again,,,,

After the whole event when most of my relatives have left, Jeff, Mr Cheong and I went down to have a trial run on the tying of the bridal car... We didnt do a good job cause we were practising on another car not our bridal car and didnt really dear to cut the chiffon etc but we do get a rough idea how the decorations would be like... at least Mr Cheong and Jeff knew what to do for the actual bridal car
Now officially we are left with 11 days to our big day.. Stressed!!!








Comments

Popular Posts