2nd Wedding Anniversary Dinner

We are celebrating our 2nd Wedding Anniversary Dinner on 7 Dec 2015. It has been a good 2 years and this is going to be the last time we will be celebrating our wedding anniversary with just the 2 of us... Next year, our little one #bbCheongDD will be with us....

Makeup of the day :P My eyes look big today isnt it?
 
 
Just when I thought Mr Cheong will take much longer, I took a selfie in the toilet while waiting. lol
 
 

So just where are we going for dinner?
We went back to the same restaurant- The Clan Restaurant for our wedding anniversary dinner. We went there last year and we are back again though they have now moved to POMO

Mr Cheong made a booking, however we were late. But well luckily there is no crowd, we were led to our seats the moment we reached without the need to wait.

 
The ambience of the restaurant is just as good. Good for couples to get together, enjoying quality food and not noisy nor busy.
 
For dinner, The Clan only serves 6 courses dinner.
 
 
The apple and some berry drink which I didnt catch are complimentary. Mr Cheong loves the berry ones but I preferred the apple one. The apple one taste a little like Sluppy mixed with Yakult? Overall it was refreshing :)

 
The "crackers" and sour cream is also complimentary and it helps to stable our growling stomach which still going through the menu to choose from the selection.
 
One of the staff came over and tried to give us some recommendations and I'm surprised that they are sensitive enough to recommend cooked dishes for me noticing that Im pregnant. And yet another staff came to me bringing me more cushions to support my back so that I would be more comfortable. (Mr Cheong didnt get the cushions though hahaha.. I'm the only privilege one :P)
 
 
 
 
There is no options for the Appetizer (Chef's selection of the day) so both of us had the same.

 

Sorry.. has been a little STM lately due to pregnancy and i cant remember what is this!!

scallop

Charamushi
 
The appetizer were yummilicious and after every bite, Mr Cheong is full of praises.

Next, we were served the COLD DISH. Both of us chose the same-Alaskan King Crab w Seasonal Greens in Homemade Karashi Dressing
 



 
The Alaskan Crab wasnt served in a big portion but it has been some time since I last ate a Crab with so much juicy and fresh meat! It looks small but there is actually alot of meat!!!!!! Now that Im thinking of it... I feel like eating it again!
 
Next on the table are our SIDES,
I ordered Kurobuta Pork Belly Confit with Pork Cracker & Passion Fruit Sauce
 
 
The Pork belly is tender and juicy! You can actually feel the juice oozing out at every cut.
 
Mr Cheong ordered Grilled Octopus w Avocado Puree, Pickled Zucchini & Orange Reduction which is another recommended dish.

 
Mr Cheong is so in love with this that he kept repeating that " It is heavenly and he hasnt tasted such nice octopus before!!!!"
 
For SOUP, Mr Cheong chose Seafood Bisque while I chose my usual Cepes Mushroom Soup with Truffle oil.


 
To me both soups are yummy but Mr Cheong kept saying that his is better than mine.
 
Our mains are finally on the table, by then our tummies were already quite full.
I ordered the same thing as what I had last year - 48hours Beef Short Ribs on Hoba Leaf w Peppercorn Sauce on Lava Stone



 
The Beef is fresh and tender. You can definitely control how cooked you want your food to be.
 
Mr Cheong's Main- Miso Marinated Cod Fish w Risotto & Basil Emulsion


 
Once more the cod fish impressed Mr Cheong and Mr Cheong was very happy with his food.
 
Last but not least, our DESSERT!!!!! by now both of us felt that our tummy was already stretching to their MAX!

Mr Cheong's Apple cake with Almond Crumbs Icecream...
Totally fits Mr Cheong's taste buds and I would say I love the Apple cake (the red thing) especially! There are real apples bits in it..not too sweet ....Yummy!
 
My Lava cake with Homemade Gelato, exactly the same as what I had last year. The Gelato is nothing like the usual Vanilla ice cream. It is less creamy but refreshing.

 
ANd here comes our Anniversary Tiramisu Cake (which is just as yummy), complimentary From The Clan!
 

 
 


 


 
Mr Cheong and I will definitely patronise The Clan again and again! We are totally impressed by the food, the service, the ambience and most importantly, the cost is pocket friendly!
 
No.1 Selegie Road, PoMo #02-01, Singapore 188306

Comments

Popular Posts