Week 23 - feeling stuck and desperate due to delivery hospital

Just got to know that Dr Claudine Tan is not delivering at Mt Alvenia and Mt E novena anymore, only tmc 😭😭😭and have been busy looking for another gynae who can deliver at either one of the above hospital as well as willing to take me in at just late stage.( many gynaes are not taking in patients after wk 20 and I'm already week 23!

I still could not make up my mind which hospital I want to deliver at... And I have heard many bad reviews about TMC.... 

1) small and cramp 1 bedded ward

2) booking of beds will not be confirmed till the day of delivery 
- meaning to say even if u have booked 1 bedded room prior to admission, u may not be able to get the room type u want 

3) sound proofing of single bedded is bad. (If u got the basic 1bedded) 
- u can hear what's happening in the next door! 
- and there are a few mummies who delivers previously at TMC telling me that they weird someone banging on the walls at 3am... 😰😰😰😰
That's very scary for me

3a) If u want better sound proofing u should upgrade to premium 1 bedded which is located at level 6.

4) super limited parking 
- u need to take a shuttle bus to the Carpark which is a distance away ! 

5) taxi stand area is not conducive for patients 
- I have heard mummies complaining that they had a fall at the taxi stand due to the fault in construction and design... 

6) under staff 
Since TMC is one of the cheapest pte hospital around, many choose to deliver there and this cause a shortage of staff. 
Many are complaining that u need to wait quite a while for the nurses to get to u even though u are in single ward. Though they always seem very apologetic when they arrived ... So u can't get angry at them at all

The only good thing I heard about TMC is their confinement food which many agreed that is yummy and of course the many freebies you will get from delivering there 

These are the things I've heard from mummies who have previously delivered at TMC. So do not trash me if you do not agree. 

I have not been for the hospital tours though and have arrange it to be at the end of nov. 

After hearing all these, TMC becomes my very last choice for delivery and I would not want to stick to Dr Claudine Tan though I kinda like her. 

I decided to look for another gynae who can give me more time to choose 

But I'm mentally prepared that I may end up at TMC so I told Mr Cheong that in the event im stuck, I will take either 2/4 bedded as it makes no difference to me if the room is going to be so cramp and sound proofing is so bad ... 

All these came at a shocked to me... I didn't know that I would be stuck at this period of time in search of a new gynae... And I needed to do it fast because I'll be going on my 2nd trimester trip just next week!

Tried calling up Dr Goh Shen Li who was highly recommended and is supposed to be able to deliver at TMC, Mt A and Mt E novena. But Dr Goh will not take in patients after week 24 and during my edd mth, she is only willing to deliver at MT Alvenia as she has a few deliveries in the month at Mt A and is worried that she would not be able to rush to mt E if I want to deliver there....

And after gathering a list of gynaes who can delivers at mt e novena, I randomly called up dr Jonathan Wee from Irene & Jon clinic ...

I'm very shocked that Dr Jonathan was the one who answered my phone call and he sounded nice and is willing to take me in....
I've arranged for my appt next week... Just before my appt with dr Tan... I hope that I will like him ;) 

Comments

Popular Posts