Why am I so attracted to S.KOREA???

Well, many feel that I am mad for falling deeply in love with Korea. Some think that I am like those aunties who fall in love with Korea due to the dramas. This is not totally untrue but my love for Korea started long before Korean dramas are showed on our local TV.

When did my interest towards Korea began? It began in 2001 when my first tutee was a korean. The parents are so nice to me. Everytime, the mother would prepare many food for me. Besides that, they also treated me with so much respect. You know there is something in those Koreans.. They treated their teachers (Songseng) with super high level of respect (That include their parents as well) I suppose this is another reason which has induce me to carry on teaching for so long. 7 years up till now, I am still tutoring that family! I taught the sister and the little brother who was only in K2 at that time. I still remember that during the first lesson, I had problem communicating with the little boy, cause he knows nothing about english. He had just came to Singapore then. Now, he is already in Secondary school and I am still teaching him. LOL. Within these 7 years of tutoring, I have taught quite a number of korean students.

In 2004, I visited Seoul.It was a very memorable experience. I still rememeber that while I was on the coach leaving for Incheon Airport, I was crying.... I really cant bear to leave the country. They have such nice people around. Dont believe what I have said?

Let me give you examples.
I was alone "pulling" my lugagge travelling towards the subway station (which is what we call MRT in SG)after my travel mates returned to SG. And you know there is this problem with their subway station then. No Lifts! No escalator! It just means that I have to carry my luggage down the stairs.This particular uni student, actually stopped and help me carry my luggage down the steps. I mean... how many of us Singaporeans will really render a helping hand to a normal person. I am not physically disabled you see... I was impressed.
I took the subway and alighted at the stop which I am suppose to meet my ex-student. I was too early, so I decided that with the address on hand, I would find the way myself.I faced some problems trying to find my way as most of the Koreans on the streets including the younger ones have problem in understanding English. (But the address which I showed them was written in Korean)-_-" In the end, I still managed to find my way to his house. (:P)

Before reaching my destination, I met another kind hearted Korean! Twice in a day!
This time round, it is not a student or some youngsters. It was an middle aged man.From memory, I think he should be around 50-60+ years old then. Again, he saw me "pulling" my luggage, he walked up towards me and render his help. Meanwhile talking to me... (this uncle has stayed in Singapore for sometime, thus he can communicate in English)

With these 2 incidents alone, Koreans have already increased my liking for the country and its people. To me, Korea is not just a place for holidaying. It is my second home....

Will tell you more about it in the next entry.....

Comments

Popular Posts