The day he 'proposed' (3 July 2010)

3 July,
Mr cheong sent me an email after our meet up about applying for a bto together. he did briefly mentioned to me about the income cap during our meet up but I didnt really thought he was serious about it. We have only been together for 35 days then.. In his emaIL he mentioned that he sees a future for us together.,,,n " of course your comfort is utmost importance. I treasure you much more than the stupid flat,
I have no issue if we let this chance slipped, as long as we are together we will always overcome future challenges.also want to let you know that i'm not giving you any pressure nor expectations, I will not blame you in future for this. I will understand that its a joint decision.  Hence , if dun like, not comfortable or dun want to think about that far at this point, just a short answer say no, no explanations needed. I will not have any problem with that however if yes, application period is now till 13 July 2010." He seemed very worried that I will reject him?

4th July-
I received another email from Mr cheong, this time telling me to forget about it.... 
I have actually fallen asleep when he sent me the first email on 3july... and I didnt get to see the email on 4th july as well.. when we meet on both 4th n 5th july, he did not mention anything about flat application.

6th July, was the day i saw both his email, i replied to him that yes i was stunned and "frightened for a moment...cause i didnt expect it to come so soon... but im happy that he does have long term plans with me though we have only been together for like 1+mth? I will consider n seriously think about it.... whats gg to be my decision?


After thinking through, I decided that Yes, I will agree to try out for a flat with him and leave everything else to heaven.

We decided that we would apply for a 4room flat instead of the other options

Reason 1: Mr Cheong's salary alone would have passed the monthly income cap for a 3room unit for                    our project, so 3 room is not an option for us. So that left us with either a 4room or a                            5room

Reason 2: We wanted to enjoy the subsidies from the government in acquiring a new flat. Each of the                  couple in Singapore will be given 2 chances to do so. So if we get a 4room flat, we can                        upgrade 5 years later to a 5room :)

Reason 3: Most importantly, Mr Cheong wants to ensure that he can support me, give me a roof over                  my head and let me be a SAHW. So after doing some calculations, he decided that we                          should get a 4 room, so that the monthly installment of our flat can be paid solely by him                    with his monthly CPF contribution.

Reason 4: I can do less housework given a smaller area :P


Comments

Popular Posts