Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa (Hotel Review)


I had booked a room for a staycation at Sentosa as it was my fiance's birthday. He loved the place. For me I felt it was rather average though. The receptionist at the check in counter had made a mistake and had given me a wrong room. It was only when the next person help me to register for another occupant that the mistake was found out.(Luckily we had not gone to the room yet.). Paid S$280+ for a one night stay w/o breakfast. There is a blind at the bathtube but it was spoilt.


Anyway, it doesnt make any difference whether there is a blind or not. I think it was there just for decoration purpose. Even though the 'window' looks reflective but u cant really see opposite side even without the blind.



The toilet Is large and clean besides having a bath tub, it also has a shower area.
 
The toiletries provided was good too!

 
The room has a sea view but it was blocked by the trees



My fiance was enjoying the sea view.. he loves sea view :)
The room is spacious and clean. It was peaceful and quiet too. I do not understand why some people can be complaining that the hotel was noisy.
 


The 'corridor' of the room
 Everything was quite good and I have nothing to complain except the flush system in the room was a little disappointing. The flush was not strong enough to flush in even toiletpaper. I had to flush a few times to get the toilet papers flushed away completely. On that night, the toilet bowl got choked with just toilet paper and we had to call the housekeeping up. they came and solve the problem in a short time. But I do not dare to flush any toiletpaper anymore. (luckily non of us did any big business in the toilet, If not i wonder if it can be flushed)
 


 
I did not notice my name on the phone till the 2nd day and it is indeed a sweet move :)

Lets look at the vicinity of the hotel :
This was taken by my fiance at the lobby. It is on the ceiling

I think this is where many couples hold their ROM

I actually feel that there is not much of difference between Amara and Capella, wonder what makes Capella the most expensive place to hold wedding reception in Singapore



The 3 photos show the various pool of the hotel. Maybe it was a rainy day that sat. There wasnt anyone there :)

This was taken just outside the hotel lobby. Just nice, there was a peacock roaming around.

Besides the 3 photos showing the pool. there seemed to be a pool which few occupants of the hotel know of. It was located on the 4th floor. The floor which I stayed. It was beautiful. We spent almost the whole afternoon on the 2nd day in that pool



If only the trees are removed. ahahahaha then the view will be perfect.

Something which I loved about Amara was that they have an ice cream booth and a kacang puteh booth at the lobby area. A small but sweet gesture, I feel.
The Kachang puteh counter which is self serving

The ice cream counter which is only available at a certain timing and if im not wrong only during the weekends.

All I can say is we have enjoyed our stay. Will definitely find another chance to have our staycation at Amara Sanctury again.

Amara Sanctury Sentosa : http://sentosa.amarahotels.com/
                                                                       http://www.facebook.com/AmaraSanctuaryResort
 

Comments

Popular Posts