2 June 2013 (Straits Cafe @ Rendezvous Hotel SG- Review)

Went to Straits Café @ Rendezvous Hotel today for their High Tea Buffet.
Love their food.
They have a wide spread of food especially their dessert counter is especially good.
They have the usual Chinese Dim Sum as part of their spread. I feel that their Dim Sum was average but Zen commented that the Shrimp dumpling's skin was too thick and it will be much better if the skin was thinner.

Dim Sum: Shrimp Dumplings

Dim Sum: Siew Mai

Dim Sum: Pork Bun
I tried the Pork Bun and I didn't really like it. It is just the normal Pork Bun which they sell at those kopitiam. Even though the Bun is of small size but there is egg in each of them.
The award winning Laksa. I think it was ok and it is a little too spicy for me(Im not someone who take spicy food) Zen felt that after adding in the specially made chilli, the laksa became very tasty..


The salad counter for the health conscious.

This is the first that we attacked! The flesh was sweet and the crabs were very fresh. They were bigger than the usual one that we ate at other places. One of the best items served.

















 
Realised that there are so many things that I didn't have the stomach to hold... I didn't manage to taste all of the above. Well it is ok. Shall go again soon to try the rest of what I have missed
The Kerbab is ok for those who can take slight spiciness

The Nasi Lemak counter.. which I only tried their chicken drumlet.. average. not as good old old chang kee but.. good enough

 
 



There are only 3 choices for those Durian Lovers. Personally I don't like any of the 3 choices offered. The Durian Puff was not filled with real durian flesh but some durian cream? The Durian Shoot was kindly bitter in my view and the Durian Fudge cake has a weird taste and not to my liking. 

Their confectionery counter which I only mad the chocolate muffin. Quite good actually. :)

The banana cake is ok only

Didn't try the Chinese Herbal Jelly

The Panda Moose is terrific!!!! Both Zen and I love it to the max. The Best ! A must try for everyone

The mango moose cake is good too.. Second.. after the panda moose.

Didn't have the stomach to try the Kuei though I hear from Zen, that Straits Café is famous for their Kueis

The Fondue Fountain. :) one of my favourite though there are few options to choose from. Mainly fruits but I think they are good enough

The Orea Cheese Cake is gd for those who enjoy Oreo or Cheese cake. Personally I find it too Oreo and too Cheesy

I didn't really like this Chocolate fudge cake though.. I feel that it is to the dry side


The fruits....

The Ice cream




I didn't try the above 3 as my stomach really cannot take it anymore.








 
The Green Tea Ice Cream is super yummy..
I will rate my whole experience at Straits Café 9/10. :) and will definitely recommend friends to visit for high tea :)

Straits Cafe
 
Rendezvous Grand Hotel Singapore
9 Bras Basah Road
Singapore 189559
 
Tel No: 6335 1771/7


 

Comments

Popular Posts