Tiffany cafe @ Furama hotel city centre

Mr Cheong decided to bring me for buffer dinner today. He actually wanted to go for dinner buffet and yesterday too! But I was nagging and nagging and finally changed of plan. We decided to have a simple dinner with my FIL instead.  That's the reason why I cant seem to slim down with all my pilates and yoga sessions. :X
It has been quite a while since I put on makeup since 8 march after I came back from our Taiwan trip. So today decided to dress up a little. 
I love to take selfie when I dressed up. So here's some 
Btw, these pics are without edit and no filter except one 

Make up of the day 



Like many ladies, I try not to put many things on my face. The following are the only things I used for this make up
1) liquid foundation 
2) black liquid eye liner 
3) silver eye liner 
4) blusher and  dabbed on a little 
5)lipstick. 6) eyelash curler 
No eyebrow pencil for me since my eyebrow is already thick n bushy like 蜡笔小新 and no concealer for me though I have super dark panda eyes as I find that   Concealer make my makeup looks thick somehow so bear with my panda eyes!





This is the pic which I've added filter to make myself look more radiant


And now I have confirmed that I love the left side of my face more as there is a dimple and this side looks slimmer! Hahhaha

Ok, we have finally reached after my selfie session on the way. 

Pardon the quality of the photos as I don't own any dslr camera. I'm using my iPhone 4 for all the photos here :(  and also using it to blog now :(


There are 2 different areas of seating at Tiffany cafe - the normal restaurant kind of seating and the sofa kind. Luckily for us we were allocated the sofa kind which is so much more comfy. We were also seated near to the sweets station :) so let me just take a photo of that first 

The salad section 



The sauces for the sashimi n sushi 


The newly refilled salmon sashi! 


The cold prawns

Mussels ? Cockles? Sorry ! I can't differentiate the shells !

The new plate of sushi 

This plate was taken by Mr Cheong

And this plate by me!


Yummz !! The salmon sashimi and the cold prawns were fresh and juicy. 

Next section : cooked food section


Spaghetti in creamy sauce 



Egg toufu


Vegetables

Prawns again but cooked in a different wa

Mr Cheong commented that the above prawns did not taste as good as the cold prawns. Actually From the look of it, I have already guessed it. That's why I didnt bother to get any

Roast duck 


Nonya crayfish 

but they actually call it duno what lobster. Can't remember the name 


Fried Squid


Mashed potatoes

not sure if this is beef though

what i have got for myself

The spaghetti was disappointing, Mr Cheong took a mouthful from me and commented the same thing. His comment was that the noodle taste was too strong. For me I felt that the cream taste wasnt good. The roast duck and beef were average and the crayfish was spicy

A couple selfie before we continue eating

Mr Cheong told me that there was a pathetically small dim sum section near to where the steam chicken, mee siam was located. I didnt bother to go over since I wasnt so interested in those. But I shared with Mr Cheong his Mee Siam
I was quite full by then and decided to zoom to the sweets section

The Durian Pengat 

I  didnt get to try cause Mr Cheong cant stand the fragrance of durian. I actually felt like stealing a mouthful before going back to the table but decided not to. 

fruit cocktail, grass jelly


Mango Pudding which taste so-so. Not really fantastic and has a powdery taste. 

Pulut Hitam. 

This was good and tasty. It has been a long time since I last had this and I love it. 
I was trying to use the coconut milk to do some designs but.. i think i have spoilt it

Chocolate fountain

It has been almost a usual thing that you will see at buffet tables. But the selection was really limited. :( Only 4 choices. can you imagine that?

 









The square container is actually soya bean curd  (tao huay)with blueberry sauce. A fusion dessert I would say. Taste normal
The green coloured cake was actually Green Tea Butter cake. The Green Tea cream taste not bad, not to sweet but has the authentic green tea taste. However, the sponge portion was again too hard and dry. It would taste better if it was slightly more moist.
The triangular Chocolate cake just beside the Green Tea butter cake was I think the best dessert served at Tiffany cafe. It taste like my favourite Chocolate Truffle cake from Prima Deli. Even Mr Cheong's who doesnt really fancy dessert/sweets, especially chocolate thought that it was nice!

The cupcake which I thought looked kinda nice didnt taste that good. The cake portion was rather hard and dry, not a single bit moist.


The small chocolate cake with mashmallow looks cute and taste not bad. 

The raspberry cake was special, Not sure if you can see from the photo, around the circumference of the cake was lined with a thin layer of kuah Lapis. The raspberry cream was quite good and refreshing but the sponge portion was again hard and dry. I just cant understand what's with the hard and dry sponge for their cakes.

A cup of hot Lipton Tea to complements the sweets. 


Mr Cheong went to get some water melon to 'wrap up' his dinner. From the look of the water melon, we thought that they were sweet, however to our disgust, the water melon have turned bad. There was a tint of foul smell and sourness in the water melon. They must have left them outside the fridge for too long!

More selfies as we had our ice cream cone and make our leave







I would say that their food tasted average and was nothing much worth remembering. However, since we were enjoying their 1-1 promotion with UOB card, we only paid about $30 per pax. For $30 per pax, I think their food were still acceptable. However, it would be totally not worth it if we were to pay the full price for the dinner buffet.

Furama City Centre Hotel Singapore
Tiffany Cafe & Restaurant
60 Eu Tong Sen Street
Singapore 059804
Tel: 65315366

Buffet Lunch: S$42.80++ (Adult)
Buffet Dinner: S$52.80++ (Adult)
Daily: 06:30 - 01:00


We had a walk around the China Town area to digest our food and we came to the newly refurbished China Town Food street.  


Wanted to continue walking and exploring our chinatown but unfortunately my heels gave way and I cant walk anymore! :( will try to revisit chinatown soon. Stay tune!


Comments

Popular Posts