Week 12- Oscar test

Have an appointment with Thomson Diagnostic Ultrasound centre for my Oscar Test

I have signed with TMC for the Oscar scan and 20th week detailed scan package


So what exactly is an OSCAR Test ?

OSCAR, or ‘One-stop Clinic for Assessment of Risk for Fetal Anomalies’, is a test carried out in the first trimester to screen for the risk of fetal anomalies, in particular Down’s Syndrome (Trisomy 21). The test is optional and is available at all hospitals. It involves a Nuchal Translucency (NT) scan and a blood test. If you wish to have an OSCAR test done, your doctor will schedule it usually between the 11th to 14th week of your pregnancy.
The results will be calculated and depending on whether you have a high risk or not, you can decide if you want further invasive testing such as CVS (Chorionic villus sampling).

I did not know that the Oscar Test includes quite a long ultra sound session. I thought it is just a 5min thing of taking my blood samples so I told Mr Cheong it is ok, I can go alone and he can come with me when we visit the gynae to take a look at the report's results.
When I first reached Thomson Diagnostic Ultrasound centre, They registered for me and got me to take a seat to wait since I was early. They introduced the FBI membership to me which I will update it my next post and I signed up. 
Soon, I was called into the room where the sonographer did the scan for me. The Scan took at least 15min and I have enjoyed every moment of the scan. I should have gotten Mr Cheong to come along. He has missed so much! Our little Limey is so cute. First, he was sucking his arm, and later he actually have 1 of his arm behind the head and another one waving and he is shaking his legs!
Even the sonographer commented that Little Limey is so cute and active!
The Sonographer did a rather detailed scan, but she could not identify the gender of little Limey yet since it is too small according to the Sonographer. 
Feeling rather excited after seeing little Limey behaving like a boss! lol. and because my bladder wasnt full, i was told to go and drink some water and wait for a while before the Sonographer sees me again. According to her, this is supposed to check me... instead of little Limey. Since Mr Cheong is not around, she printed out an ultrasound for me to show Mr Cheong


waited for a little while more before I was called in for my blood test. It was done by a non Singaporean (from her slang) and it seems to take just 1 min to complete. Not too sure how much blood was taken from me since I have phobia for needles, I wasnt even looking from the very beginning  
The bill for the Oscar 20 wk detailed scan after the FBI discount



Thomson Diagnostic Ultrasound centre
10 Sinaran Drive Square 2
#11-09 Novena Medical Center
Singapore 307506
Tel: 63976866
Fax; 63976366

Comments

Popular Posts