The D Day

430am in the morning of 17 Feb 2016-
Like normal days when I woke up to pee, I got a shock when I saw blood on the toilet paper. I kept wiping but there was still more. Dr Jon has previously told me that in the event that I experience a bloody show, there is no cause of worry and I do not have to be anxious or rush down to the hospital.

I was still worried, decided to google and checked with the Februaries mummies who are more experienced.


 
After checking from all available sources, I decided that I would just go back and sleep. Around an hour later, I experience some sort of pain in my lower abdomen. It comes and goes... I experienced my 1st contraction. Not knowing if it was real contractions or fake (since I have heard alot of people experience fake contractions before their D-Day and I have never experience any of such, they might be fake)
 
I still try to go back to sleep when the contractions became more regular. The contractions though painful were not as intense and was bearable. I have the feel that #BBCheongDD will arrive that day.. so I decided to do a last minute packing for hubby and hang up my already washed clothes.
 
At around 630, I saw that Mr Cheong is awake, and I informed him that Im experiencing contractions pain however, Im not sure if they are real or false alarm. After a while, he decided that we should go to the hospital and wait.
 
We reached the hospital at around 730am and settled down at the lobby. That was then I called Dr Jon and informed him of my bloody show and contractions. He asked me to rate my pain level and I rated 5/10 as I simply do not know the level of pain. Dr Jon told me to see him at 9am at his clinic as he wasnt sure if he should send for admission (he doesnt want me to incur additional cost if it is false alarm)
The hospital staff came forward and asked if i want to get admitted but I told her I will wait for my doctor instead. But around 15min later, Mr Cheong seeing that Im in pain and the interval is getting closer told me to get myself admitted. Even at that point of time, Im not too sure if im delivering! He told me that at least I can get a place to rest and in the event that it is false alarm, so be it, just pay for the usage of the delivery ward. That was when we decided that I should be admitted.
 
Off to the delivery ward.(8am)
 
I was put on the CTG machine as the nurse asked me some questions like whether I would like to take epidural. I replied telling her that I will try to go without. After a few minutes she told me that she is going to check for my dilation.
 
After all the checks, she went out to contact Dr Jon again. When she came back, I asked her if Im in any way dilated and I was told that I was already 8cm dilated!
 
When Mr cheong finally came back after the admission procedures, I was already in great pain. All of us including the nurses were worried that Dr Jon may not be able to make it in time for my delivery as he has another delivery in TMC earlier that morning.
Mr Cheong seeing that I was in pain asked me if I want to take Epidural, but lol I told him... TOO LATE!!!
The nurses reminded me time and again no to push before the arrival of the Doctor (seriouly i have no urge to push) I wondered how come some people have the tendency to push when it is so painful!!!!
When Dr Jon finally arrived, all of us heave a sign of relieve. Within minutes, Dr Jon and the nurses got me into the pushing position which alleviated the contractions pain. The nurses felt that I could not handle the pain told me to take on the laughing gas which initially i tried to push it away cause the smell of it sucks... Mr Cheong was told to force it onto me... given no choice I listened to the instructions and took deep breath to inhale the gas. Surprisingly it helps!
 
I pushed n pushed but I have problem holding the push for 10 counts. Dr Jon commented that I pushed very well but I also suck in very well.. After few ineffective pushes, it was noted that BBCheongDD's heart beat was dipping and I was having problem pushing, help was needed to get him out. Dr Jon told me that I need to push properly and avoid sucking back, and forceps was needed to help CheongDD out..If I dont I would have to go for emergency Csec instead... PD was called to standby in the delivery ward as BBCheongDD was in distress. I do not want to go for Csec, so i bit my teeth and pushed!!!!! and finally BBCheongDD is out and everything went on well.
 
 
 
It took me a total of around 2 hours from admission to the birth of BBCheongDD. It was a fast and furious experience
BBCheongDD is born at 3.325kg and 52cm long.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts