Clay pot rice @ Sembawang Traditional Clay Pot Rice

Walked passed Sembawang Traditional Clay Pot Rice like 3 weeks ago when we went to 食福閣 - Shi Fu Ge Restaurant. We were attracted by the aroma of the clay pot. It seems like it is newly opened.  Mr Cheong decided to try it this time round. 


I wanted to order coke but it seemed like they have ran out of stock, so I ordered Aiyu Ice and Mr Cheong ordered Ice Lemon Tea





The Aiyu Ice was nice. The taste was strong enough and not diluted. The jelly was yummy.
Besides the claypot rice, we also ordered the Furong egg and water cress soup. Mr Cheong will always try to order soup for me as he knows that I like to have soup with rice :)




I felt that the Furong egg and water cress soup were average. But the Furong egg is a little costly in my view though the portion was big. It costs $8+
The moment the claypot rice is served, another staff came over and wanted to stir for us. I was a little paiseh to stop him so I took the photos while he was mixing. It was piping hot.




And here is the final product with the black sauce. I would say the staff did a splendid job in mixing the rice. Almost every grain is nicely covered with the sauce.




2 of us shared the 3 dishes and it was just nice. The rice was yummy, very traditional clay pot rice taste. I think I would be able to finish up the whole pot myself if there wasnt the Furong Egg and the water cress soup. The small pot of clay pot rice which we ordered cost S$13+
The total bill for us came up to S$31.40 which I thought was quite worth it. It has been a very long time since I last have Clay pot rice !!! definitely will patronise again.

Sembawang Traditional Clay Pot Rice
 4 Jalan Tampang, Sembawang, Singapore 758948


-----------------------------------------------------

Decided to update the page ( 28 June) with another dish from Sembawang traditional Clay pot rice

The bean paste fish head. (S$16+) It was quite huge in portion so it is definitely worth it. However, bad news for those who doesnt take spicy stuff. This bean paste fish head is actually kinda spicy. The other option is the curry fish head which is also spicy from the name. 

So no fish for non spicy food taker if you patronise Sembawang traditional Clay pot rice. 



-------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Unknown said…
食物不是很棒
价格很贵!
Food only soso not fantastic.
Price on the high side.

CLaypots I recommend the stall in NorthPoint City B2 "Malaysia Food Street"

Popular Posts